Cranberry Chicken Salad
From Phyllis B.
Cranberries really make the difference in my chicken salad. I always have dried cranberries on hand to add to cereal, chicken salad, stuffing, cookies and scones. I prefer them to any other fruit used for cooking/baking. This salad is quick and easy to make. Hope others find this chicken salad recipe just as refreshing as I do.
- 1 cup chopped or shredded chicken breast (I usually use store bought roasted chicken or left over broiled/fried chicken)
- 2 tblsps Mayonnaise + more if needed
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped (include green tops if you have any)
- 2 tblsps finely diced red onion
- freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- salt (optional)
- chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 slices bread of choice (I like sourdough)
I mix all ingredients in medium bowl then add the Mayo (add more if you like a moister salad). Salt is optional because the Mayo has salt and the chicken is already seasoned depending on whether you use your own leftover chicken or use store-bought. I sometimes add nuts such as pecans, walnuts or sliced almonds. You can be as creative as you like with this basic recipe adding other ingredients to taste.
Arrange 2 or 3 butter lettuce leaves on plate to serve salad or use leaves as wraps. Fill Pita pockets with shredded lettuce then top with salad. Serve open face on lightly toasted bread. Again, you can be as creative as you like when serving this cool, refreshing salad.
For information on special activities throughout the year, please check out our News/Events page.